Return to Knowledge Base
Connect to Quickbooks online
- Login to your Penny Central account
- Click on the "Settings" tab on the side bar
- Select “Integrations”
- Select the green "Connect to QuickBooks" button on the left-hand side
- If you are not already logged into your QuickBooks Online account, enter your QuickBooks Online credentials
- Select the QuickBooks Company you would like to connect
- Click the "Authorize" button to connect Penny Central to your QuickBooks Online account
- Click "Settings"
- In settings you have the following 3 options;
- Expenses/Purchases Account the Account from Charts of Accounts where Penny will save the Purchases made using Penny Cards.
- Payment Account the Account from Charts of Accounts which Penny will use as Source.
- Payment Method Reference : The Cash On Hand from QuickBooks to be used as Payment Method (maps to Payment Method Field in QuickBooks Online).
- Select Save Quickbooks Account Settings and you will be taken back to the main Integration page,
- Click on Sync Now, an option will be presented to sync all transactions or if you have previously imported transactions manually you can set a date to import from.
- Next, you will need to decide if you want your transactions to sync over to QuickBooks Online Automatically or manually. To assure that your QuickBooks Online account is always up-to-date with your employee expenses. Click "submit" and all your previous transactions will automatically start to load into your QuickBooks Online account.