Business Identifying documents we recommend uploading can include the following:
- Partnership, General Partnership: EIN Letter (IRS-issued SS4 confirmation letter).
- Limited Liability Corporation (LLC), Corporation: EIN Letter (IRS-issued SS4 confirmation letter).
- Sole Proprietorship: One or more of the following, as applicable to your sole proprietorship: Fictitious Business Name Statement; Certificate of Assumed Name; Business License; Sales/Use Tax License; Registration of Trade Name; EIN documentation (IRS-issued SS4 confirmation letter); Color copy of a valid government-issued photo ID (e.g., a driver’s license, passport, or state ID card).
Other business documents that are applicable includes any US government entity (federal, state, local) issued business formation or licensing exhibiting the name of the business enrolling with Dwolla, or; Any business formation documents exhibiting the name of the business entity in addition to being filed and stamped by a US government entity. Examples include:
- Filed and stamped Articles of Organization or Incorporation
- Sales/Use Tax License
- Business License
- Certificate of Good Standing